When it comes to appliances used in a kitchen for making the day to day tasks of cooking easier for people, a kitchen chimney has started to be considered in the list of essential items needed. When we talk about cooking, it is a difficult process and throughout the process, a lot of oil or refine and other stuff is used to make food delicious and easier to eat. All the oil and refine although adds a certain flavour to the food but if a chimney is not used then it might settle down in the kitchen itself, making your kitchen look greasy and dirty over a longer period of time. Thus, to find the best kitchen chimney in India a review about them and its parts is necessary to look over.
Best Kitchen Chimney in India with Price
|Hindware 60cm 1100 m3/hr Chimney||3.7||8,089/-|
|Hindware 90cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney||3.8||12,490/-|
|Elica 90 cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney with Free Installation Kit||3.9||14,990/-|
|Faber 90 cm 1200 m3/hr Heat Auto Clean Chimney||4.3||15,490/-|
|Bosch 90cm 800 m3/hr Chimney||5.0||23,499/-|
Best Kitchen Chimney Brands in India
With so many brands of chimney available in India, choosing the best chimney for the kitchen can get confusing as to which one would fulfil their needs and requirements. With the help of knowing key features as well as specifications, each household will be able to make an informed decision about selecting and then investing their money in a kitchen chimney that they deem to fit their requirements.
1. Hindware 60cm 1100 m3/hr Chimney (Sabina SS 60, 1 Baffle Filter, Steel/Grey)
The Hindware kitchen chimney comes in a compact size to fit easily in the kitchen as well as compliment the kitchen of any household, the design in itself ensures great efficiency. With an airflow of 1100 m3/hr, it has stainless steel baffle filter which works efficiently to force oil and other residues to settle inside the baffle, letting only the air move freely in between the filters.
It comes equipped with 2 LED lamps so that your cooking never stops; it makes seeing the food being cooked easily on the countertops and consumes less power. Coming under the list as one of the best kitchen chimneys under 10000, it also comes with a push-button control panel.
2. Hindware 90cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney (Nevio 90, 1 Baffle Filter, Steel/Grey)
This Hindware kitchen chimney comes with an auto-clean feature which helps in cleaning residue and oil formed inside the chimney and cleans it with just one touch. It comes with a suction capacity of 1200 cubic feet per minute, the futuristic design and advanced technology help keeping in a smoke-free, fresh and clean kitchen.
The stainless steel baffle filter works efficiently forcing oil and other residues to settle inside the baffle, letting the air move freely in between the filters. This chimney comes with 2 LED lamps so that cooking on countertops becomes easier for the cook and also consumes less power. With the help of one-touch control, it enables to create the perfect environment in the kitchen. It also comes with a metallic bowler.
3. Elica 90 cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney with Free Installation Kit (WD HAC TOUCH BF 90, 2 Baffle Filters, Touch Control, Black)
This Elica kitchen chimney comes with an easy touch panel that eases the way it performs and makes it easier for the consumer to operate it too. The heat auto clean technology makes use of a heating element to get rid of the sticky oil particles inside the chimney and collect it all in the oil collector, this makes it easy to handle for the consumer as they don’t have to clean it all by themselves.
This chimney comes with a suction capacity of 1200 cubic feet per minute and is low on maintenance, less noisy and quite energy efficient. It comes with 2 LED lamps and with 3 Watt power consumption for the convenience. The stainless steel feature doesn’t let the exterior get affected and the oil and other residues are sucked in by the filters.
4. Faber 90 cm 1200 m3/hr Heat Auto Clean Chimney (HOOD CREST HC SC BK 90, Filterless, Touch & Gesture Control, Black)
The Faber kitchen chimney comes with a powerful motor for efficient suction capacity and ensures durability as well as lesser noise throughout.
The heat auto clean technology makes the kitchen oil and smokes free, it itself cleanses itself of oil and other residues, increasing its life expectancy. It comes with 2 LED lamps, which consumes very less power. It gives perfect amount of lighting required when cooking. It comes with a suction capacity of 1200 m3/h. It comes as filter-less, means no cleaning hassles, zero maintenance cost.
5. Bosch 90cm 800 m3/hr Chimney (DWB098D50I, 3 Baffle Filters, Steel/Grey)
The Bosch kitchen chimney comes with a perfected hood just for India, engineered for Indian culture; it works super quietly and comes equipped with the largest baffle filters for superior smoke and odour suction.
It comes with energy-efficient LED appointments to keep our kitchen bright and heat-free unlike halogen alternatives. With a real good suction power and the largest baffle filter to help kitchen be free from heat, grease and smoke. It is quite easy to clean and the 2 piece baffle filter can be pulled apart and cleaned with ease by rinsing it underwater. It has 2 modes of circulation, recirculation hoods are ideal for larger kitchens and duct based suit modest-sized ones.
Tips to consider and things to look for before buying a Kitchen Chimney
Kitchen chimney is an essential part of the appliances needed for our kitchen to help you with daily chores and make them easier for you and our household as well. With this, as we saw above some of the best brands of kitchen chimneys with different features and specifications, it is important to know what are the major and common things to look for before finding the best kitchen chimney brand in India.
Kitchen Chimney Filters
There are three different types of kitchen chimney filters such as:
- Cassette filters: made up of aluminium mesh, they are stocked on each other. The gap between the mesh allows air to pass through it. The oil and other residue comes and sticks to this mesh, which over the time results in the mesh getting full dirty with oil and grease sticking to it. When this happens it becomes easy to notice the change as the suction power becomes dull and exactly at that time mesh needs to be cleaned under water thoroughly until all the dirt and oil and grease is washed off with detergent water.
- Baffle filter: the baffle filter is a flow control panel, it is made in multiple curve structure when cooking, and air passes through these curve changes the direction of smoke. The heavy grease, smoke particles are all dragged down in baffle filter. Baffle filter is fully filled with grease and oil it hardly affects the chimney suction power. Best chimney for Indian kitchen is one which has these filters, best filters for Indian food items and needs less maintenance and needs to be washed once in every 3 months. These filters run smoothly for a year before they need to be changed.
- Carbon Filter: also known as a charcoal filter because it is made up of charcoal. The carbon filter is mainly used for absorbing odour. The carbon filter is an optional one. In case of recycling, chimney carbon filter used along with the baffle filter or cassette filter. The oil, smoke particles clogged inside the carbon filter and reduce the suction power of the chimney, so the need to replace once in six months depending the intensity of cooking.
Types of Kitchen Chimneys
There are different types of kitchen chimneys such as wall-mounted, island, built-in or corner chimney. With each one serving their own different proposes, customer needs to select the right kind which would suit them to find the best chimney for kitchen in India.
The best kitchen chimney India is the one which fits perfectly in our kitchen. To know the size of a chimney to be sure about our kitchen size and take proper measurements before thinking of buying a chimney for it. Without measuring you might end up spending more money on a bigger chimney, which might not even be necessary.
Chimney suction power
The power of suction depends on the size of your kitchen and also on the kind of kind you prefer to make in our kitchen, the ideal chimney should be able to change the air 10 times per hour, consider this and size too.
Read More Article: Best Rice Cooker in India
Frequently Asked Questions
A chimney is essential to help absorb all the oil and grease b trapping it in its filters, helping provide cleaner air, reduces heat and removes fumes and odour, keeping our kitchen fresh and clean.
Most kitchen chimneys are available in a standard size of 60 cm and 90 cm. choosing the size of the chimney depends on the size of the stove and kitchen as well. The chimney size needs to be larger than that of stoves for better efficiency.
Auto clean basically solves the getting rid of oil particles from kitchen chimney itself, without human intervention.
A ductless range hood consists of a fan with a charcoal filter that sucks up grease particles, heat, smells and smoke, filters it and then re-circulates it back into the kitchen.