Water is a necessity and everyone deserves clean drinkable water. With so many harmful chemicals now dissolved in water like pesticides, it is the need of the hour for people to get drinkable water. In the past years, thanks to the top leading water purifier companies, they have made it easier for most people to get access to clean drinking water.
Not only do these water purifiers make sure that the water is drinkable but also that it doesn’t lose its good qualities which are actually necessary for a human body to consume. They make sure that necessary good minerals, as well as the Ph level of the water, is maintained.
Nevertheless, it is important to know the right kind of purifier your family needs and in order to do that consider this an all tell guide to buy the best water purifier in India. Below we will discuss the top 5 Best Water Purifiers and tips to selecting the one that you require.
List of Best Water Purifier in India with Price
Top 5 Best Water Purifier (with specs)
Selecting best RO water purifier in India can be a tricky scenario, with so many options available to people all around, different brands offering different features and that too with so many models. To clear user’s confusion, after going through many options and different brands, here is a list of best water purifier in India 2019. Hopefully, by the end of this discussion about various features keeping in mind the necessity of this modern world and your family, you will be able to find the best water purifier in India.
1. Aquatec plus Advance Plus 12L RO+UV+UF+TDS Controller (White) 15 ltr/hr Water Purifier
This brand understands the need for clean drinking water and so with two important filters it removes dust particles and rust, removes chlorine, tastes, colours, VOCs and other chemicals too. By removing up to 99% of contaminants including arsenic, lead, fluoride, heavy metals and many other harmful impurities Aquatec does its job with utmost sincerity.
This model comes with an in-built large 12 L storage tank to store the most amount of quantity of clean water and also with an in-built TDS controlling technology so that consumers can adjust it according to their preference and taste. It is one of the best water purifier in India under 10000.
2. Havells Max 7-litres RO UV Water Purifier (Sea Green)
This model of Havells water purifier comes in a beautiful sea green colour and with 7-litre tank capacity and with a water flow rate of 15 litres per hour. The greatest advantage being it is an easily mountable model with dual mounting options and saves a lot of space while looking just the right fit in your kitchen.
Once you switch on, the water passes through the RO membrane and then UV purification to ensure absolutely safe and pure drinking water. The mineral cartridges correct the Ph level of water, making water tastier and healthier in the process by adding back the necessary minerals and trace elements. The Revitalizer restructures the water molecules and makes it biologically active that improves the hydration and mineral absorption.
3. Eureka Forbes Aquaguard Crystal Plus UV Water Purifier, White
Mineral Guard produces high-frequency ripples making the input water “Active” thus preventing deposition of natural minerals like Calcium and Magnesium (which are present in the input water) on the UV Quartz Glass. The advanced electronic monitoring system is a purity sensor system that scans the water and shuts off the machine on any error during the purification process.
The auto shut off automatically switches off the UV lamp if the purifier is not used for 10 minutes. The backflush system removes the stagnated water and keeps the filter clean. This is UV water purifier best suited for water having a low TDS, water which does not taste salty.
4. KENT Grand 8-Litres Wall-Mountable RO + UV/UF + TDS Controller (White) 15 litre/hr Water Purifier
The largest-selling RO water purifier company that comes with a transparent design that shows off Kent’s patented Mineral RO technology and an inbuilt TDS controller.
This best selling water purifier in India is best suited for Indian homes and offices and suited for purification of brackish/tap water/ municipal corporation water supply. The double purification technology of RO+UV/UF to remove dissolved impurities such as chemicals, bacteria, viruses and salts to make water safe for consumption.
5. Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard Aquaflo DX 18-Watt UV Water Purifier, White
AquaSure is designed to ensure the complete safety of your family. It is a 3-stage UV water purifier with advanced technology that kills harmful bacteria & viruses. It’s an electric water purifier with dual cartridge life that ensures safe drinking water for a longer time. It is an ideal choice for those who are willing to bring home their first electric water purifier.
Equipped with a dual cartridge, it can eliminate suspended particles, organic compounds and odour from the water you drink to make it taste sweet. It can deliver up to 2 litres of water in just a minute.
What is the difference between UF, UV and RO Water Purifiers?
UF Water Purifiers
The UF stands for Ultra Filtration Technology. It basically removes harmful micro-organisms such as bacteria and cysts, apart from other impurities like dust, sand, chlorine and many other harmful elements.
Advantages of UF Water Purifier
- A UF water purifier is the ideal water purifier for tap water in big cities, where you can be sure that you will always get good tap water without chemical contamination.
- The amazing advantage being it can work without electricity, just requires a normal pipe water pressure.
- The permionics UF membrane can even filter out dirt, germs and even their egg remains.
- Unique manual flushing can drain out all the blocked germs and dirt as well which keeps UF filters in good condition for many years.
- If proper care is taken of this filter it can easily last up to ten years before any major service is needed.
- It will never disappoint its consumers by giving out pure water at all costs. UF membrane is very tough and will not let impurities pass through.
- Ultrafiltration membrane water purifiers are as good as reverse osmosis water purifiers when used with public or Municipal supplied pipe or tap water.
- UF water purifiers work even during power cuts and power outages.
Disadvantages of UF Water Purifiers
- It will not remove dissolved solids in water.
- Only good for use when you are absolutely sure that the dissolved solids(TDS) are within the limits and that it contains no toxic dissolved impurity like Arsenic, heavy metals, Nitrates, etc.
UV Water Purifiers
Ultraviolet water purification is the most effective method for disinfecting bacteria from water. Ultraviolet rays penetrate harmful pathogens in your home’s water and destroy illness-causing microorganisms by attacking their genetic core (DNA).
Advantages of UV Water Purifiers
- The most cost-effective way of protecting residential drinking water against biological contaminants.
- UV purification systems can be used to protect against water-borne viruses, bacteria, moulds and pathogenic disease-causing microorganisms such as giardia and cryptosporidium.
- Even viruses such as hepatitis, which are known to be highly resistant to chlorine-treated water, can be relatively easily eliminated through UV treatment.
- UV light emits enough radiation to kill the DNA in bacteria and other microorganisms, with an output of around 254 nanometers which produces radiation of a significantly greater intensity than the radiation produced by the sunlight.
- The UV radiation is so effective that it can eliminate up to 99.99% of bacteria and viruses.
- The UV radiation can be used to treat water from a municipal supply or a lake, spring and even drinking water well.
Disadvantages of UV Water Purifiers
- Ultraviolet water purification by itself is not enough to render water completely safe for drinking purposes.
- The UV light is of little use in eliminating other contaminants in water such as chlorine, heavy metals and VOCs.
- UV water purifiers need electric power to run, which may not be readily available to people in rural areas.
- They only work when the water is clear, the system doesn’t work when the water is dirty or muddy.
- These rays are invisible to the human eye, thus it becomes difficult to know if the system is working effectively or not.
RO Water Purifier
Reverse Osmosis (RO) is a water purification process that uses a partially permeable membrane to remove ions, unwanted molecules and large particles from drinking water. This process removes contaminants from water by using pressure to force water molecules through a semi-permeable membrane. The contaminants are flushed away, leaving safe and clean drinking water. While it is difficult to determine best RO water purifier in India 2019, following points may help.
Advantages of RO Water Purifiers
- RO filtration improves the taste, colour, odour and appearance of water by removing contaminants that cause taste and odour problems.
- With an RO system, users can cancel their water delivery service and stop purchasing bottled water.
- RO systems have very few moving or replaceable parts make RO systems easy to clean and service.
- RO systems remove pollutants from water including nitrates, pesticides, sulfates, fluoride, bacteria, arsenic and much more.
- Converts hard water to soft water.
Disadvantages of RO Water Purifiers
- While RO system removes impurities dissolved in water, it also ends up removing natural minerals like ion, magnesium, calcium and sodium which are essential to the human body and if not present can lead to a mineral deficiency in the body.
- RO system does not kill waterborne disease-causing bacteria and viruses.
- As natural minerals get eliminated, water taste gets altered, becomes tasteless.
- Takes more time to purify, there is a ton of water wastage and this system is quite expensive too.
Frequently Asked Questions
The best water purifier in India for home purifier which can provide safe drinking water, remove unnecessary harmful elements but also keep the good minerals intact for healthy drinking water.
Excellent: < 300 mg/litre Fair: 600-900 mg/litre Poor: 900-1200 mg/litre Unacceptable: > 1200 mg/litre
Which water is better for municipal water?
If your municipal water supply contains microorganisms and the TDS level of the water is low then you must have a UV water purifier. If looking for more advanced water purification then go for the RO system.
Although drinking through a bore well can be quite healthy with all the minerals but the TDS of a bore well can change anytime without any warning. It is better to go for an RO water purifier.
Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) is a measure of the combined total of organic and inorganic substances contained in a liquid. This includes anything present in water other than the pure H20 molecules. These solids are primarily minerals, salts, and organic matter that can be a general indicator of water quality.
Non-electric water purifiers work without electricity. The best non electric water purifier in India 2019 either uses gravity or water pressure as power to purify water.
Best alkaline water purifier in India is one which maintains the natural minerals of the water while also maintaining the pH level of water. It is considered to be the best since this kind of water is quite healthy and tasty too.
In order to find the best water purifier in India, people to need to look out for certain key elements and points. Before blindly jumping into anything and end up buying anything one should definitely acquire knowledge about things like storage, the source of water to your home, electricity or no electricity and some other significant details. With so many brands out there it can be difficult to determine the best water purifier company India because each home has its own needs and requirements, totally depending on the place they lice at. Above, I have tried to give as detailed guide as possible by mentioning a list of best water purifier in India 2019 with price and other significant details, it all comes down to an individual choice, which is made by factoring in all the key elements.